Monday, March 23, 2009

Cats; don't use just love them?



As you can see from the pics finding time to work on my Faery Kisses quilt by Helen of Hugs & Kisses isn't the only battle I have. My Himalayan Persian, Lily, just loved rolling on the quilt itself then fell asleep on my batting (bottom photo) after she had had a play.
*
My quilt is taking up quite a bit of my time as I tack batting to my embroidered shapes so that when I quilt it I get the trapunto effect. It sure is taking a while to do this but I hope the effect will be worth it!
Ciao... Jan x

6 comments:

Melinda said...

Lily is a beautiful cat. I have the same problem with my cat when I'm trying to sew. Usually it's when I have large pieces of fabric on the table, or paper patterns.

TMQG said...

wow Jan your quilt is looking fantastic, nearly there... hugs Helen

Mistea said...

Well the cat and the quilt are both gorgeous. The colours in your quilt are beautiful. Well done.

Fee said...

What a gorgeous girl she is Jan - My cats sleep on my sewing all of the time they seem to like it :)

Judith Tetley said...

Hi Jan...I came over from Helen's blog (Hugs & Kisses). Welcome to blogland. I only started my blog in February. It's a nice way to spend some time.
Kind Regards
judith
www.creativestudio10.blogspot.com

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Just beautiful Jan!!! Are you using pellon as well as batting? I can see I've been here before (on your first post)...Keep up the great work...Dzintra♥x