Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Nice people, nice things and nice plants!


I bought the Hugs 'n Kisses Nice People, Nice Things quilt pattern last year and have been hunting for the right fabrics ever since. As soon as I saw the name of this bundle, Nicey Jane by Heather Bailey from Fresh Fabrics at the Hobart Quilt & Craft Fair I knew I'd found the perfect fabrics. Luckily for me I had a craft weekend away (baby in tow) so was able to make a start on tracing the pattern when baby allowed. Another quilt in progress....I'm losing count!



For something different in my cottage garden I use euphorbias. I've got quite a collection. I love the featheriness of their foliage and the "punch" the flowers bring to a Wintry garden. This black one my latest. My garden is going through its gothic phase with black plants. I've forgotten its name so will have to hunt for the label.

No comments: