Thursday, September 29, 2011

Somewhere over the Rainbow...

My week has been interrupted with the passing of a dear aunt. I had the honoured but daunting task of sharing some memories during the funeral. I was worried I would become emotional during it but luckily held it together. Surprisingly the funeral had more laughs than tears as we celebrated her gift for living life to the fullest.

My aunt chose the most beautiful song to be played as photos of her life were shown. It is a version of "Somewhere over the Rainbow" by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole.What amazing sentiments it shares!

The bench seat in my Marjolein Bastin cross stitch has been stitched! I have now started stitching a little mouse nibbling on a juicy apple.

Sorry for no photos. My internet connection is not playing nice...

Thanks for visiting, Jan x

1 comment:

Jo in TAS said...

Sorry to hear about your Aunt but how lovely to be able to speak at her funeral, such an honour.