Monday, October 31, 2011

The first stitch is in...

That's right everyone I have started stitching , my first HAED.  The rainy weather drove me to do it he, he, he. Like I needed an excuse! I have done about 120 stitches into my 25ct luguna antique white linen. All black DMC thread so far. I am doing it on an oak lap frame. I haven't used a frame for years. I've decided to train myself to do the two-handed stitching method with the frame resting on a desk. Hoping it is will quicker using that method.  I need to use my daylight lamp as those stitches are oh so tiny! I figured if I stitch on it everyday then I should progress with it nicely.

Marjolein Bastin is progressing well.  I have finished two seeds to the left of the toadstool and have half done the hedgehog.  I should have the hedgehog knocked off by tonight.  In Australia we don't have hedgehogs. We have echidnas instead.  



Thanks for visiting my garden.
                                                   Jan x

2 comments:

Sarah said...

ha ha wondered if you would start it before you finished this one!!!

ally said...

2 at once !! - tricky :-)