Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Theme-a-licious update: Jardin January

Alas, the end of January is nigh. Living in Australia means we only have one more month of Summer until it's my favourite season - Autumn (and from the 1st of March too)! Jardin January was a perfect them for me as anyone who knows me know I love my garden.

Thank you to the creative and inspiring Heather who has come up with the Theme-a-licious SAL.

I have worked on Birds of a Feather, School House Sampler. Well, as you can see I have spent about 45 mins on it.  Better than nothing I guess.


My Marjolein Bastin English Garden Sampler is always a focus of mine. I hope you aren't bored with it! It fitted so perfectly with this month's theme.  It seems I have sent all of January trying to finish this part of the sampler. After last night's stitching of the basket edge I can see that the end is nigh with this picture.  Then I think it is pumpkins...


I love my garden so it has been a total pleasure to work on this theme.

Toddler Tom was enjoying some time with my knitting needles today which I have been sadly neglecting... I love the second shot.

"No I don't want a photo Mum!"


Thanks for dropping in to visit my garden....
                                                                      Jan x

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your January pieces and a they fit so perfect with the theme.

Giovanna said...

Nice progress on the two projects - yes, even if it was just 45 mins on the BoaF, it's still on dark linen :-)

Sue said...

Lovely stitching for January. I'm with you on counting down until Autumn.

Shebafudge said...

The Marjolein Bastin design is so pretty. I really love her designs and have a couple in my stash to stitch up.

geeky Heather said...

You are so sweet! =) I'm just loving seeing that Marjolein Bastin piece develop. It's fun to see the individual pieces out of the whole. Although the whole is going to be WONDERFUL!

Sherry said...

I really like the Bastin design. I think you have made good progress in January. Ready for February?

Carla said...

that MB piece is beautiful