Tuesday, March 13, 2012

I'm late, I'm late for a very important WIPocalypse update...

The full moon has come and gone before I have even posted my third WIPocalypse update. Slack, I know, but I have been fighting for time at the laptop.  We have just had a Long Weekend in Tasmania which means that with everyone at home I have to wrestle the computer from the laptop hoggers to even check my emails.


Progress has been mediocre on the Marjolein Bastin design...



and the attic room in The Christmas House...



I am working out the colours for the Christmas House myself using DMC threads. I think I will have to lighten the darkest green in the dress.

Happy Jan here! I have won my first blog award. Thanks Ally from Everyday Miracles. Check out Ally's talented photography skills.



Some background: Liebster is a German word, meaning favourite, dearest or beloved and the Liebster is awarded by bloggers to other, newer bloggers, who have fewer than 200 followers, to spread the word and help the new(er)bies gain wider recognition. The award comes with four conditions that each recipient must satisfy when accepting:

  1. Choose five up-and-coming blogs (with fewer than 200 followers) to award the Liebster to.
  2. Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.
  3. Post the award on your blog. List the bloggers you are giving the award to with links to their sites. Leave comments on their blogs so they know about the award.
  4. Share 5 random facts about yourself that people don't know about you.
My five blogs I bestow the Liebster award are:
1. Sarah from If Only I had Chocolate
2. Kaye from Kitten Stitching
3. Krista from Just Stitching Along
4. Linda from Stitchin' with my Furbabies
5. Melissa from Melissa's Stitching Room

5 random facts about myself:

1. I have a very good memory so don't tell me a story if you don't want me to remember it. One of my first memories is seeing my baby sister, Leanne, for the first time behind the glass at the maternity hospital. I was only 20 months old.
2. I don't like ice cream very much (or lollies) but a.d.o.r.e chocolate
3. I have learnt  Highland and Irish dancing
4. I don't like my hands getting dirty but pardoxically love gardening (hence, I wear gloves)
5. I am a great navigator. I have an internal GPS. Who says women can't read maps?

Thanks for making daisy chains in my garden...

                                                                     Jan x



7 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh (blush) Thank you Jan : o )

I kinda feel like my projects are moving slowly at the moment as well. Trying to keep home life running smoothly - craft gets neglected.

Not good! Enjoy your time away!

Giovanna said...

That border on the MB is just so pretty - you're doing great with it, even if you feel it's going slowly.

Carla said...

Even if it's little, progress is progress :)
Congrats on your award !

Melissa said...

Oh, I love your M. Bastian design!! Its gorgeous gorgeous!! You take beautiful pics. <3

Dani - tkdchick said...

Good update, and it's never too late! Congrats on your award!

Anonymous said...

Hello

I found your blog through Daffycat's blog.

Congratulations on your award.

Your WIP's are looking great.

Happy stitching.

Christina said...

I too have a photographic memory, but only in certain situations (if that makes sense?!) Also, I hate to get my hands dirty!
I'm so pleased to have 'discovered' your blog and look forward to reading future posts!