Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Cath Kidston kit review from the Stitch book...


The cross stitched bag which came as a freebie with the Cath Kidston's book Stitch completed and ready for your inspection. You can see my earlier posts here and here.

It really is a darling little purse. The roses are quaint and pretty.  I wish I could show you all in person but you will just have to be satisfied with the photos.  I will use it as a sewing bag for my stitching scissors and threads for small projects. 



The dissolvable canvas came away very easy in warm, soapy water. I was surprised at how it dissolved almost like glue but then washed off the thread so easily leaving no sticky marks.

Apart from not having enough light pink thread for one rose (I colour matched it with one from my stash) I had all the bits and bobs to finish the project.


The kit assembly instructions were a little confusing initially. The kit fabric came all in one piece and the pattern kept referring to the 3x pieces. It didn't actually tell me to cut them apart. So I put scissors to fabric and cut them (with my fingers and toes crossed) hoping I was doing the right thing. And yes I was!



I am beaming that I finished this kit. I am notorious for not doing small kits. Silly me always does the big projects. I will definitely stitch more from the Stitch book. Why, oh why, when I can produce a cute number in such a short time that is so functional? Are you working on a small project at the moment? Tell me as I would love to check it out on your blog if you have one.

Thanks for skipping on my garden path...

                                                          Jan x

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks gorgeous, Jan! You're so clever, and I don't know how you find the time.

Sarah in Stitches said...

Beautiful finish, Jan! :D That's such a cute little kit

cucki said...

Very sweet finish xx

Jo in TAS said...

Like the idea of the dissolving canvas! Purse looks very cute.

Giovanna said...

Congrats on the delightful finish!

Nina Hobbysite said...

Beautiful!

Kimmy said...

I've lost the instructions on how to sew up this purse. The cross stitch part I'm fine with. I just don't know how to put the purse together����‍♀️. It's so lovely. Can anyone help .. please? ��