Wednesday, May 15, 2013

I really love deer cross stitches...

The recent popularity in the deer being featured in home décor, has fuelled my passion for deer cross stitches and deer ornaments (which are currently packed away in the Christmas decoration boxes so I can't show you). 


I would love to own a pet deer but I have been told they are as destructive in the garden as wallabies (aka small kangaroos). I witness nightly the ability of animal teeth to wreck foliage in a garden in 2 minutes flat so I will stick with the cross stitched kind.


Last night I started a delightful little deer out of the cutest of books A Rainbow of Stitches written by a team of French stitchers. I have only stitched the head onto the linen. Expect more later in the week.  I will make it into a book mark to gift myself.


I am in a SAL with girlfriends stitching from the alphabet series by The Prairie Schooler. This design is L for Leaves. You can see my previous post here. I am pleased to have made some obvious progress as I am only stitching on it once every 3 weeks. The colours are so autumn and rich.

Thank you for walking in my little plot of cybergarden...
                                               Jan x

5 comments:

Mii Stitch said...

Jan these little deers designs are adorable! They will look great when finished :)

cucki said...

Aww so cute....looking super sweet..
Hugs x

Sarah in Stitches said...

Beautiful deer! :D

Karoline said...

Your deer is lovely

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Dear little deer!

We have a muntjac that visits our garden regularly. They live wild down in the marshes but come to eat my bushes. They love tulips but not wallflowers!