Monday, May 6, 2013

It is the season to...


Autumn, the season of cold mornings, golden leaves and hot chocolates, gets me in the mood for knitting.  I recently discovered this scrummy, chunky cushion on Pinterest (which I am totally addicted to) and decided I had to knit something similar. The yarn I am using ( Nature Spun 3ply 100% wool) is probably not as chunky as the photo, so my next cushion will be even chunkier. I am using 9mm needles. I had the joy of yarn buying from a cute and  newish shop in Hobart called The Stash Cupboard.



 
 
Slow cooked Lamb Ragu is also part of this season.  
 
 

 
Have you any favourite crafts or recipes for Autumn? I would love you to share with me...
 
 
Enjoy the sunshine in your life...
                                             Jan x

8 comments:

Karoline said...

Nice start on the cushion

cucki said...

Sweet x

Sarah in Stitches said...

That's a beautiful start to your cushion! That yarn looks delicious :D Enjoy!

Minnie said...

It's strange hearing about autumn when we are just getting into spring. I think you cushion will be fantastic and as for dishes for a cold day my favorite would have to be beef and vegetable stew.

Jan Gartlan said...

Thanks girls for your sweet comments

Karen K said...

Hi Jan

Thankfully we are finally heading into better weather here in the UK, it's been a very long time coming and for once our Bank Holiday weekend proved to be super weather for us in the South.

Your yarn looks lovely, it will be beautiful.

Thanks for stopping by my SAL Cut Thru Lighthouse.

K
Saxostamper

Catherine said...

It is spring here ~ at least it should be but it has been a very cool, damp spring for the most part. I always enjoy getting my gardens cleaned up for winter and just the general colors and lighting of fall.

Barbina said...

Your cushion is going to be great! I´m thinking to knit one too. Autumn is one of my favourite seasons. I love to eat pumpkin soup!
Have a wonderful week!xxBarbina