Monday, May 13, 2013

London cross stitch...


I hope if it was Mother's Day in your part of the world that it was fabulous. My Mother's Day was filled with family time, a Sunday market, golden autumn leaves, a cat show and yummy brekkie in bed.

Mother's Day brought out the best in creative talents from my Miss14. She designed and sewed the most devine "rose sewing basket". Here is a peak. I will have to get her to help me design a tutorial for it so we can share her designs. She quilted the material on the sewing machine and made these adorable beaded pins.


It was fun to relax on the sofa tonight in front on the TV cross stitching. It has seemed a long time between drinks since I have done this. Last week's evenings was full of school meetings, picking up children from activities and doing some sewing on dancing costumes. Tonight I started watching a boxed set of the TV series "Waking the Dead" which kept me on the edge of the couch and was aptly English.


I finished stitching the word "England" tonight. Here is a link to my last post about this design. I like the simplicity of this cross stitch design with the modern touch. I am thinking it will become a cushion. What do you think it should become?

Thanks for wandering through my garden...

                                                                      Jan x

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty and I think it would make a lovely cushion or just put in a simple frame as a wall picture. xx

Christmas Pie Crafts said...

It's lovely and as well as a cushion or frame pic, it would great as a bag. Hope you have a good week.

cucki said...

So pretty x

Sarah in Stitches said...

That looks so cute... Happy Mother's Day! :D

PoppyK said...

Another vote for a cushion xxx

Wendy said...

Sounds like a lovely Mother's Day! I think it'd be a great cushion, too.

Anonymous said...

It is a lovely design. I too would go with a cushion.

Jayne Schofield said...

I think it would look lovely as a cushion too
www.thestitchingshed.co.uk

Lilly's Mom said...

It's a beautiful cross stitch design and would look lovely as a pillow.

Louise@ElsieMayandBertha said...

Your Miss 14 is obviously talented, your English cross stitch isn't bad either!