Wednesday, May 22, 2013

New Janome sewing machine baby...



I have been battling away with my 17 year old sewing machine of late and trying to machine quilt with it. I have known for a while now it hasn't cut the mustard.  The seams pucker and the stitching accuracy is not there.  Sure it was great for ordinary dressmaking and sewing but quilting with it was not wonderful.

What celebrations there were in my world this week when hubby agreed I could get a new sewing machine.  It is a Janome 2160DC.

Finally I can have the right feet attachments!  I can get an accurate seam with a 1/4 inch foot. I now can machine quilt using a walking foot.  And I can finally stipple with a darning foot.

So far I am loving the new machine. It is so smooth and easy to operate.  I have 60x stitches to choose from and some pretty swish hand-operated buttons to start/stop when I please and needle down at the end of a seam. I look forward to showing you a pretty flowery stitch it does.

Look out for more quilting projects from me (mostly UFOs sitting in my cupboard);

Thanks for visiting.
                              Jan x


6 comments:

Julie said...

Enjoy your new toy!

Mii Stitch said...

Great new toy! Have fun!

cucki said...

Have fun x

Liesl - Buckaloo View said...

How exciting. Hope it opens up all kinds of fun adventures and possibilities.

~Narita said...

OH, I know that name. My mom bought one of those fancy Janome machines that does EVERYTHING. She had a heart attack right after and never really did use it.

We were just downloading the updates for it and considering what to do with the thing.

I have her old Bernina (from when I was a kid) and it works great. Though I don't do much sewing with a machine these days...

I was amazed that it actually threads the needle! lol

Sewing machines have come a long ways.

temari by the sea said...

Congratulations, that is wonderful!