Monday, June 10, 2013

Cross stitch delights...

It was fab some of you shared your weekend projects.  I wasn't stitching "alone" which made stitching even more delightful and motivating. So how did your weekend projects go?

This is my weekend wrap which just happened to be a long weekend to celebrate the Queen's Birthday. Yay, even more time to stitch - well sort of! The rhinos came in two by two...yes they are now backstitched on the Noah's Ark cross stitch sampler by Dimensions. The next part of this sampler I will tackle is to outline the shuttered windows. You can compare my progress with the previous post here.


Block 1 of Shores of Hawk Run Hollow had more stitching time. I finished the word "Light". I am using the DMC version which is as luscious, but cheaper option than the hand dyed threads. I hope I won't regret that decision!



Finally I have started my first Christmas ORNIE!! What have I been waiting for?  Basically to get organised.  I have had the pattern and a couple of threads lying around but never started it.  It is "Bringing Home the Tree" by Little House Needleworks.  I read on a blog somewhere about a mother stitching an ornament for each child. I think this is a great idea as I know my children will totally love that idea. I have stitched a Shepherd's Bush Christmas stocking for them each (which you can see here) but they were made quite a while ago so I am ready for new Christmas stitching.

 
Today I am sharing my post in a linky party at Handmade Harbour.
 
Thanks for wandering through my garden...
 
                                                                 Jan x

12 comments:

Julie said...

You wont regret using the DMC Jan, i couldn't afford the silks for mine either.

Great choice for your first ornament. It's so nice to have a good selection come the festive season. I have been stitching one a month for a few years now and give them as little gifts to friends and family. I'm just about to upload May and June ones to my blog as i got them made up over the weekend.

Sarah in Stitches said...

Oh, that's a wonderful idea, stitching a Christmas ornament for each child! That's so special. And I hear you about the thread - I can't afford all those hand-dyed silks either! :(

Linda said...

Great progress on both pieces Jan. Great new start. I have actually stitched some christmas ornies this year but have no idea as to how to finish them. The DMC floss looks fine. I too, will not spend the money for silks.

Linda

Penny said...

Love seeing the animals come to life. :) Things can get ridiculously expensive when you get into silks - I think it's going to look just fine with DMC. I think that's a lovely idea to stitch ornaments for each of your children! And I'm not quite sure what happened to the weekend - didn't get near as much stitching in as I had hoped. :)

Lucy Blossom said...

Stitching ornaments sounds like a lovely idea. Just had a look at your stockings too - they're amazing and very detailed.

Jumble Tree said...

Great to see how your wonderful Noah's Ark is coming on, and love the idea of making different little stitched ornaments for the children. Good to have a head start too! :)

CatkinJane said...

Gosh, that's organised for Christmas!
You are right to get going though, and what a lovely idea. I always end up being a bit too late to make all those things I'd like to

secondhandrose said...

It is good to see your progress. I am a DMC girl and haven't ventured into silks or any specialty threads. Looking forward to seeing your ornie.

Anonymous said...

I love the idea of making handmade ornaments for your children. I can't imagine having so many of these projects on the go at once! I would get fay too confused!

Louise@ElsieMayandBertha said...

You have been doing a lot of stitching! The Noah sampler is coming along beautifully. I intend to start some Christmas items next month so, like you will, I hope to avoid long days of making right up to Christmas!

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

A pleasure to come and meander in your garden Jan....I wish I could get back into my cross stitch but the hours just slip away!

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

I too have made those Shepherd's Bush stockings Jan....9 altogether and they were an absolute delight!