Saturday, June 15, 2013

Noah's Ark cross stitching fun...

Hello everyone.  Hope you enjoy your time reading my stitchy blog.

I have had an evening or two in the last week stitching on Noah's Ark.  Cheeky monkeys are now playing on the ark roof.  The shutters have been backstitched and the tree on the right is growing (boom, boom). You can see my previous post here about Noah and his ark.


I have been playing with punches and my new sewing machine.  I punched these butterflies using paper from the Crate Paper's most delightful 6x6 paper range called Pretty Party. My Janome stitched through the two punch beautifully. I linked the butterflies as I sewed. They will make a pretty addition to a card or a scrapbook page. I am off to make more.

 

Linda from Stitchin with my Furbabies thought it was a good idea if I joined her Bothy Threads Cut-Thru SAL. So of course I dutifully obeyed (it wasn't hard to talk me into it) and I bought not one but two Cut-Thrus.  And I also threw in the Bothy Threads Kings and Queens kit which I think is fabulous as if I am paying for postage for one kit, then why not make the postage cover three kits! They are coming from the UK so may take a few weeks.   Now which Cut-Thrus did I get?  Guesses please.

Hope you get some stitchy time today...
                                                          Jan x

7 comments:

Linda said...

Noah's Ark is fantastic. I so love that piece. Oh, let me guess, you got GW and C.

Linda

cucki said...

Wow oath ark is looking so lovely...
Love for you x

Julie said...

My guess is The Tea Shop and the Windmill, they are lovely. I don't think you'd have chosen another Noah's Ark.

Sarah in Stitches said...

Pretty butterflies! And Noah's Ark looks fantastic :D Great progress!

Penny said...

I'm enjoying seeing the ark grow! Pretty butterflies. :) Those Cut-Thrus are cute!

Giovanna said...

Nice stitching, and lovely butterflies!

SoCal Debbie said...

Oh I'm glad you're joining the Cut Thru' SAL! I love watching your Noah's Ark come to life. The backstitching details are wonderful.