What are my Top Five Cross Stitch Highlights for 2014?
5. Cross stitch Facebook groups have only become part of my life in the last 6 months. Not only am I enabled to improve my stash but my stitching knowledge and new friends has made this a daily part of my life.
4. Railroading when I stitch to make them neater (thanks MrsMilkbyBarKid from #FlossTube). It involves splitting the thread with my needle when I make the cross so the threads lay flat and side-to-side.
3. Front Loop Method for starting a thread (thanks Carolyn Mazzeo from #FlossTube) has transformed my starts. I now longer have to turn my stitching over when I start a thread.
2. Giving Heaven and Earth Designs (HAED) a second chance has really paid off. I had a major fail with a HAED 2 years ago. I have started a new HAED recently and with tips from again MrsMilkyBarKid (you know who you are) it is a success.
Drum roll...for my top moment please...
1. My cross stitch friends- you!!! I have a soft spot for my Blog and for reading your blogs too and will never stop enjoying the beautiful, friendly community of blogging. A big thank you to you. Losing SoCal-Deb a few months ago only highlighted the strength of our beautiful community.
I have also really enjoyed the cross stitch YouTube community (affectionately known as #FlossTube) has been the bigbuzz of 2014. I reckon it is a community that is growing in a huge manner on a daily basis YouTube. There is a library's worth of information on there. Watching contributors takes you into their homes and gives a personal viewpoint on stitching progress. The interaction is different to blogging and it cannot replace it. There is a place for all types of social media. I will never stop blogging permanently (sure there have been a few dry patches over the years) as I value the blogging community so much.
So what do I have planned on the stitching front in '15?
2015 New Starts:
1. Mirabilia SAL The Enchanted Mermaid January 1st start
2. Chatelaine pattern - Mini Castle
3. Chatelaine design - 2011 Autumn Freebie Fly Agaric
4. Purple Stitching - Classic Book Spines
5. Bothy Threads - Kings and Queens
6. HAED - Treasure Hunt Bookshelf Fox to Dragon
2015 Works in Progress - I plan to finish during 2015
1. Prairie Schooler -Alphabet
I am currently stitching K is for Kitty. 11 down, 16 to go!
2. HAED - Mini Alice and Snow White
I have almost stitched a full page in a month so lets hope I can keep up this progress.
3. Heritage Sampler Company - I Love London
4. Annet Eriksson's Passion for Stitching Chateau
1. Bucilla - A Touch of Gold
2. Carriage House Samplings - Shores of Hawk Run Hollow
3. Designers Forum Needlepoint Rug
4. Country House Needleworks- Santa's House
5. Dimensions- Promises Kept
Other 2015 plans:
I am also doing Debbie's Ultimate Crazy January Challenge in 2015 (DUCJC2015) which will feature many of the above.
So what do you think of my list? Am I dreaming?
Happy Stitchy New Year to you all...