Friday, January 2, 2015

Day 1 DUCJC2015

Happy New Year stitchers,

I am part of a special group stitching in memory of Debbie stitching the Ultimate Crazy January Challenge 2015 (DUCJC2015).   This challenge involves stitching on different items on every day throughout January and even February if you dare.  I have committed to January and will stitch on a combination of new starts and works in progress (WIPs).

It was easy to choose my first new start!  I was also committed on January 1st to take part in a Mirabilia stitch along (SAL) event hosted through a Facebook group and a YouTube/Instagram group. The Mirabilia design I chose was a mermaid called The Enchanted. She is one of the most beaded Mirabilias which should make her very pretty.



I am stitching her two over over on a 28ct hand-dyed fabric by Chromatic Alchemy which is such a pretty combination of sea blues and grays that I was fortunate enough to win on the CA Facebook page.  I love the start I made.

Joyful stitching...
                       Jan x

10 comments:

Justine said...

She's beautiful and that fabric is just gorgeous! Great start to DUCJC. Do you know you are a no-reply comment blogger? I tried to reply to your comments but I can't.

Shebafudge said...

Great start to day one of the challenge! I love the fabric too. x

Jan Gartlan said...

Thank you

Linda said...

Love your new start Jan. What a pretty design.

Linda

Kaisievic said...

Wonderful choice for starting the New Year, Jan.

Preeti said...

Lovely new start!!

Sarah in Stitches said...

She looks lovely! Great new start, Jan :D

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Nice way to start the year. Love the Mira Mermaids.

Kevin said...

This will be gorgeous!! Congrats on your new start and best wishes to you on your adventure with this 2015 challenge! (I committed to a similar crazy cross stitch challenge via Facebook - it's FUN so far, although yesterday I was beginning to lose track of what day it was and which project to start - LOL!!) I think I'm just going to HAVE TO START my Bothy Cut Thru Castle or Pirate Ship in your honor!! Also need to get hustling on my PS ABC's! Happy New Year!

Caitlin @ Naughts Cross Stitches said...

Gorgeous start