Thursday, January 22, 2015

Day 20 DUCJC2015

Day 20 saw me stitch on an old WIP, Dimensions The Gold Collection called Promises Kept. It was on a scroll frame which has been annoying me so I took it off. I inherited this WIP from a friend 5 yrs ago so it came half stitched on the frame. I decided today I would find it easier to stitch this in hand so off came the frame.  And yes it's so much easier without the bulkiest of the frame.

I backstitched the giraffe and elephant and then stitched more on the black horse. This is definitely a slow WIP. It is stitched on 18ct Aida. 



Happy flossing and stitching
Jan x 

11 comments:

Julie said...

How lovely to see this again, I wondered if it would be making an appearance in your choices.

Dani - tkdchick said...

That is just adorable I find frames such a hindrance as well good for you for "dumping" it!

Mrs Milkybar Kid said...

You are doing amazingly well with your DUCJC2015 Jan!

Linda said...

I so love this design Jan. It reminds me of Debbie's Universal Unity. You have made nice progress. I really enjoy seeing updates on this one.

Linda

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

It is utterly adorable!

Mylene said...

A great design and coming along beautifully!

xstitchlibrarian said...

It's looking great Jan - great stitching!

Lauren M said...

Beautiful! Lovely progress :)

zenuwpees said...

Very nice progress beautiful Marie-Claire

Sarah in Stitches said...

I've missed seeing this piece! You've made excellent progress on it. It looks lovely!

rosey175 said...

This is quite lovely! I love that they are having their kitties close at hand, haha. :) Interesting that you find it easier to stitch without the frame, I have a hard time stitching in hand!