Friday, February 3, 2012

Updated theme-a-licious post...

It's unusual for me to blog in the evening. I usually do it in the early afternoon when Toddler Tom is napping.  Well tonight is different. I have been in my sewing room all evening listening to the cricket (Aus vs India 20/20 match if you are interested). DH has gone to work doing a night shift so there was no excuse to spoiling myself with lots of stitching time!

I have a finish to share. Lollies stitched on 28ct antique white linen. Another adorable pattern from Sweet Treats cross stitch book.


Tonight's stitching was too much for Bob...


I forgot to mention in my last post what projects will be my focus for Fangirl February, Theme-a-licious.  These projects are designed by my favourite designers.

1.  HAED: I will devote time to "Love".  I have nearly finished the top section of black on this first page! It will join up with the rows below it very soon. Click here to see what Love will look like when it's finished.


2. The Prairie Schooler: I will make a start on this Halloween sampler that I kitted up last year


3. Marjolein Bastin designs: I will keep plugging away at the English garden sampler

Have you ever lived so close to a walking track but never been on it? That's exactly why I was determined to do this bushwalk with my family today! It has been something I have been thinking about doing for ages. Sure I have been to the destination by car but never by this track.  Being in the Aussie bush with all it's smells and textures cleared by head. It got pretty exciting at one point when I was in the lead and apparently I nearly stepped on a whip snake. Luckily I was none the wiser until after the snake was well and truly off the track.


Thanks for visiting my garden....
                                                    Jan x









4 comments:

cucki said...

aww cute kitty..kisses xxx
beautiful stitching..and cute new chart of PS..
big hugs and love xxx

Lego lover said...

YES there is a track I really want to do. It starts at the bridge opposite Hutchins School Rowing/old petrol station and goes up into the hills. It is also allows dogs. Been meaning to do it for a very very long time! I just hope there is no snakes there!

WOW you have so many projects on the go!

Valentina said...

Your Bob looks like my Gandalf, even though yours looks like a grown cat, while mine is still a kitty. Beautiful stitching!

geeky Heather said...

Congratulations on the finish!!!

Awww, I want to hug Bob! But then I'd wake him and he looks so peaceful. =)